Thyroid Function Test: The Ultimate Solution for Thyroid Disorder
A thyroid gland is a vital gland that is essential for the growth and development of the body. It also regulates the metabolism rate by releasing thyroid hormones in the blood. Lipid profile test the butterfly gland is located just below the adam’s apple and an abnormal condition in the thyroid gland leads to pain in the ear, neck, and jaw.
Life is so uncertain and so is our health condition, we have no idea what will happen next. But, we must be prepared to be ready to face any health complications. With the increase in medical technology, a person can now fight their dominating health complication and can lead a healthy life too.
A thyroid test came as an effective way to get a quick solution to thyroid problems. You might experience some common symptoms when you have thyroid disease. Let’s take a look at the symptoms:
Alarming signs of Thyroid Disease
There are two kinds of thyroid disease and the symptoms vary depending upon the type of thyroid disease. A condition when the thyroid gland releases too many hormones is known as hyperthyroidism while a condition where it releases little or no thyroid, is known as hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism
- Trouble while sleeping
- Loss of weight
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular periods
- Vision problems or eye irritation
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Unexplained weight gain
- heavy menstrual periods
- dry and coarse hair
- hoarse voice
Causes of Thyroid Disease
The main causes of Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism are as follows:
Conditions causing Hyperthyroidism are:
- A condition of swelling of the thyroid gland known as Thyroiditis leads to Hyperthyroidism.
- An inherited condition is known as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, where the cell of the body damages the thyroid gland. This is also another cause of Hyperthyroidism.
- One of the most common conditions is the deficiency of iron in the body.
- A condition when the thyroid glands stop functioning properly also leads to a thyroid disorder.
Conditions causing Hypothyroidism are:
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland or goiter, also known as Grave’s disease causes hypothyroidism.
- Nodules are overactive within the thyroid gland causing the condition of hypothyroidism.
- Excessive iodine in the body is also the major cause of this condition.
How are diabetes and thyroid disease related to each other?
A diabetic person is more at risk of developing thyroid disease. People with type 2 diabetes are more likely to develop thyroid disorder later in their life. Hence, for a diabetic person, a lipid profile test it is important to go for frequent tests to regulate the level of glucose in the body.
Here are some tips for a person with both diabetes and thyroid disease. The tips mentioned below will help you in getting relief from its negative effect on the body.
- Getting a good amount of sleep.
- Regular Excercise
- Healthy Diet
- Take the prescribed medication without fail
- Go for the regular tests as suggested by your doctor.
How to diagnose thyroid disease?
Sometimes, the symptoms of thyroid can be confusing. But tests like blood tests, imaging tests, and physical examinations detect whether a person has any type of thyroid disorder or not.
There are different types of blood tests for detecting various health conditions in the body. A Complete Blood Count Test detects any blood health complication while a lipid profile test detects the cholesterol level in the blood. Similarly, a thyroid profile test is for detecting thyroid problems in the body.
If you are worried about thyroid test price, then you must connect with a well-reputed diagnostic center. You get a high-quality health test package at an economical price. Redcliffe Labs has proved itself in offering the best health care service to patients across India. It has branches located in 120 cities in India and it is associated with the most experienced doctors to provide excellent health care service.
Moving on, do know what is thyroid normal range? The normal range is 0.40 – 4.50 mIU/mL.
Ultrasound is a type of imaging test that helps to detect thyroid issues in the body. High-frequency sound waves are used to get a prompt picture of the thyroid gland.
When the doctor examines you and feels the neck check the enlargement of the thyroid gland. Reach out to an experienced doctor for a proper physical examination.
Types of Thyroid Function Test
The types of Thyroid Function Test include:
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
- T4 or Thyroxine Test
- Free T4 or free thyroxine
- Triiodothyronine or T3 Test
- Free T3 or free triiodothyronine
Tips to prevent Thyroid Disease
- Say No to Smoking! Cigarette contains thiocyanate which affects the thyroid gland and leads to serious complications. Thiocyanate blocks the production of thyroid hormones, therefore, the doctor recommends quitting smoking if you are diagnosed with thyroid problems.
- Eat dairy products like yogurt, milk, and cheese as these are good for thyroid health. Also, eat nuts, eggs, and roasted seaweed to prevent thyroid disorders.
- Include iodized salt in your food to stop the rise of any thyroid disease.
- On the other hand, vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli must be avoided as these are highly fibrous and nutritious food and affects the production of thyroid hormones. Apart from this, fatty and fried foods must also be avoided.
- Last but not the least, go for a thyroid function test if you come across any symptoms of a thyroid issue.
Health compilation can strike at any time and healing takes courage and we are courageous, right. Hence, instead of panicking it is better to go for a suitable test if you face any health complications. Minor health if ignored might lead to even worse conditions. A positive mindset is a key to a healthy lifestyle! Work on managing your stress level and eat healthy to be on the right track to achieving a healthy life. With the proper medication and a healthy lifestyle, one can easily win the battle against extreme health conditions.
Be in touch with the team of Redcliffe Labs for the Thyroid Function Test. The doctor has one-stop solutions for your growing health conditions. Reach out to them for more information about other health packages.